Beauty| The breakdown on cleansing oil , what it is and should I be using it ?
Cleansing can be a bit of a minefield. What to use? When should I use it? Which one is right for my skin?
Cleansing oil in particular is an amazing product to add into your daily skincare routine. You can use it alone or as part of a double cleansing routine. I wouldn’t be without my cleansing oil as part of my daily cleansing routine, I personally use the amazing brightening cleansing oil from Mary Cohr. I use it within my nighttime double cleansing ritual. This beautiful oil gently removes your makeup, leaving your skin fresh and glowing. It starts off as an oil and transforms into a milky emulsion when mixed with water.
So, what is a cleansing oil and who is it for?
Cleansing oils works wonderfully in removing makeup, surface debris and excess oil. It breaks down your makeup and the oil on your skin leaving it smooth and soft. All skin types can benefit from a cleansing oil in their routine so do not be put off if you have an oilier skin. It will help to remove the excess oil and hydrate the dry areas.
The are many benefits of using cleaning oil.
- Quick and easy removal of makeup and sunscreen.
- Skin is left smooth, supple and glowy.
- It can be used with any other cleansers as part of a double cleansing routine.
We know what it is , but how should we use it?
- Apply a small amount of cleansing oil to the face and neck (avoid the eye area).
- Massage into the skin for a few minutes and you will start to see your makeup melt away.
- Add a small amount of warm water massage for a further few minutes to emulsify into a creamy milk.
- Rinse with a warm cloth and repeat if needed.
- Follow with your usual eye cream, serums and moisturiser.
I've see the buzz around oil cleansing, and I personally think it's well deserved I hope the breakdown gives you a better understanding of what its all about.
Skincare may seem trivial in the grand scheme of wellness , but having a great skincare routine is not only great for how your skin will look and feel but is also a great confidence boost and a wonderful Self care treat each day, I hope you treat yourself soon.
Im Emily a beauty salon owner with over 17 years in the beauty industry. I specialise in advanced skincare, micro skin needling and semi-permanent makeup. I am extremely passionate about my work and love making my clients look and feel amazing.